So we are nearly at the half way mark of 2012 and what a year it has been we have witnessed some events that are truly strange and shocking. These strange events and goings on have fueled the rumors THAT the end of the world quickly approaches.
The majority of people who believe in this base their beliefs on the Mayan calendar, the calendar finishes on December 21st 2012 and they theorize that this is the date we will see the end. They claim that other sources also confirm this date they include I Ching, The Bible and Torah.
So what events have we seen so far this year?
Let’s look at mother earth her self, Earth quakes seem like a logical place to start no self-respecting apocalypse would be complete without them, it has been saidearthquakes are becoming much more violent they have increased in frequency and intensity.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) there are literally thousands of earthquake events around the world in any given year. Most of these quakes are minor tremmers that are seemingly insignificant and pose no danger to life or property. Although these events are monitored and tracked as potential warning signs of much larger quakes, they are not prominently displayed on the USGS website. The USGS website does however keep a running list of what they consider “Significant Earthquake”. This list is made up of quake activity that measures 3.0 or higher on the Richter magnitude scale. After an evaluation of these earthquake statistics, the results are somewhat startling.
If we compare 2008 to other years we see that there were 58 significant earthquake events around the world. If we consider that a 7.0 magnitude or higher quake could have dramatic effects on human life, 12 of the 2008 events were at or above 7.0.This was followed with an increase In 2009, there were 72 quakes classified as significant with 17 measuring 7.0 or higher.2010 saw a slight reduction in the numbers but three months into the year 2011, we saw18 significant earthquake events. Of that 18 and including the earthquake in Japan, 6 have were 7.0 or higher. Thus far in 2012 we have seen 7 quakes over the 7.0 threshold and 43 over 6.0.So will we see the end by earthquake?
Short answer NO, According to long-term records (since about 1900), we expect about 17 major earthquakes (7.0 – 7.9) and one great earthquake (8.0 or above) in any given year.
Next things get a little stranger, there has been a number of mass die offs across the globe. These die offs have effected different species in different locations all over the globe. The believers in “the end of days” say this is a warning sign as written in the bible.
There is a map on Google showing all of the die-offs in 2010/2011. Some speculate these constitute only a small percentage of the mysterious mass deaths that actually took place. US Geological Service website lists about 90 mass deaths of birds and other wildlife from June to 12 December 2010, these numbers are not included.
- “In 2004, an estimated 300 hippopotamuses in Uganda’s Queen Elizabeth National Park died.
- In June 2010, 82 hippos died.
- In January 2006, 200 sea turtles washed up on the shores of El Salvador.
- Millions of honeybees started disappearing in 2006. A reported bee-colony death rates were 29 per cent in 2009, rising to 34 per cent in 2010.
- 2006 More than one million bats have died.
- In 2008, 60 pilot whales beached themselves along the rocky coast of the southern Australian island state of Tasmania. A week later, 150 long-finned pilot whales did the same.
- January 2009, 45 sperm whales stranded themselves on a Tasmanian sandbar. One Hundred and ninety-four pilot whales and a handful of bottleneck dolphins beached themselves along the same coastline in March.
- In June 2009, hundreds of pelicans from Oregon to Mexico were found dead.
- In 2009, 1,200 penguins were found dead in March in southern Chile.
- In April, millions of sardines washed ashore nearby. Thousands of Andean flamingos abandoned their nests in Chile, leaving their 2,000 chicks to die in their shells.
- In late May, 60 pelicans were found dead in Chile’s central coast.”
This is nothing compared to 2010/2011
- January: Thousands of dead walleye fish washed up on Lake Erie, USA. Millions of camels, goats, sheep, cows, yaks and horses died in Mongolia; 503 manatee carcasses were found on the Florida coast. (This happened again in January 2011); 100 tons of tilapia were found dead in Lake Buhi in Manila, Philippines. More than two dozen seals washed up on New Jersey shores.
- March 2010; 308 dead baby whales in the waters around Peninsula Valdes along Argentina’s Patagonian Coast. This is the single largest great whale die-off on record.
- January-July 2010: seven whales washed ashore along the west coast of Ghana.
- May 2010: 12,000 saiga antelopes found dead in Kazakhstan.
- June 2010: thousands of baby spotted filefish washed up on the shores of the Cayman Islands near Cuba.
- August 2010: over six million fish and thousands of alligators, turtles, dolphins and other river wildlife died in Bolivian rivers in Santa Cruz, Beni and Tarija.
- October 2010: thousands of migratory shearwaters birds found dead on Queensland beaches.
- November 2010: 33 pilot whales beached themselves on Rutland Island near Burtonport, Ireland.
As we entered 2011: 300 dead birds in Alabama; 3,000 birds fall dead in Arkansas; 100 dead pelicans found on the beaches of Topsail Island; 200 dead starlings in South Dakota; hundreds of dead birds in Texas; Ohio finds 200 dead geese and ducks along Lake Erie; a million menhaden fish found dead in Florida; hundreds of dead birds in Dacono, Colorado; hundreds of dead Atlantic Striped Bass in North Carolina; 50 birds found dead in Indiana; 120 dead birds found in Tennessee; thousands of trout die on Carolina coasts; hundreds of birds found dead in western Kentucky; hundreds of dead fish found in Detroit, Michigan; thousands of fish found dead in Florida creek; 500 dead birds fall from the sky in Louisiana; 100,000 dead fish wash ashore on Arkansas river; hundreds of dead birds found on the streets in Murray and Gilbertsville, Kentucky; hundreds of dead birds on the highway in Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana; hundreds of birds fall dead in Lake Charles, Louisiana; two million dead fish found floating in the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland; 100 dead pelicans found along the beaches of Topsail Island; 200 dead starlings in Yankton, South Dakota; hundreds of birds found dead in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma; hundreds of dead birds found on a California highway; thousands of dead gizzard shad fish turned up in the harbors of Chicago;. thousands of fish washed up on Ohio beaches; millions of small fish found dead at Redondo Beach, California; a foot-deep layer of dead fish flooded the King Harbor Marina, Los Angeles; millions of jellyfish beached themselves at Volusia County, Florida; 20,000 fish found dead in Texas lake.
What about the rest of the world?
January 2011: 4,000 birds died in lakes in Guanajuato, Mexico; thousands of dead turtledoves found dead in Faenza, Italy; 40,000 Devil crabs found dead on the Thanet coast of England; thousands of fish found dead in Yamuna river, Mathura, India; mass fish deaths in the Gulistan orovince of the Iran sector of the Caspian Sea; thousands of dead fish and turtles found dead at Pakka Talab, Etawah, India; hundreds of shad fish found dead in St Clair river, Canada; hundreds of dead birds discovered on the banks of the Xiaoqing river, China; beaches in Cedar, Canada, found covered with hundreds of dead herring; thousands of birds fall in Bio Bio, Chile; hundreds of fish found dead in Tambun, Malaysia; thousands of dead fish washed ashore in El Llanito, Columbia; dozens of dead migratory cranes found in Japan; hundreds of dead snapper washed up on Coromandel beaches on North Island, New Zealand; dozens of dead ducks found in Auckland, New Zealand; 24 pilot whales died in New Zealand’s Parengarenga Harbour; Eider ducks died like flies in the harbour at Andenes, Norway; 500 kg of dead octopus found on a three-kilometre stretch of beach in Portugal; thousands of dead blackbirds found dead in Romanian cities, Constanta and Bistrita; hundreds of dead birds found in Falkirk, Sweden; in Taichung county, Taiwan, more than 100 wild birds found dead; large numbers of dead barn owls found in Scotland; thousands of fish die in Pantanal, Brazil; hundreds of dead herring found on a beach in BC, Canada; 10 tons of fish washed up on a beach near Sao Paulo; hundreds of dead fish found in Northern Ireland; hundreds of dead fish found in Manchester, UK; hundreds of dead fish appear on a beach in Peru; 2.5 million kg of fish die at Chinese fish farm; dead fish cover shore of Papau New Guinea village, Pari. Hundreds of dead fish found in the marina near Abergavenny, UK.
- In February 2011, 300 dead sparrows found in Rotorua, New Zealand; 80 tons of dead fish wash up in Rio lagoon, Brazil; thousands of squid found dead in Derwent, Tasmania; thousands of juvenile barracouta found dead at two sites in Tasmania; thousands of dead fish and birds carpet surface of river in Windsor, Canada.
- In March 2011, 15,000 dead crayfish, eels and fish wash up on west Australia beach; 50 melon-headed whales found stranded on Japanese shore.
- In July 2011, millions of dead jellyfish clogged up the Orot Rabin plant in Hadera, Israel, a day after the Torness nuclear facility in Scotland was closed in a similar fashion by jellyfish; 546 dead penguins washed up on beaches in Sao Paolo, Brazil; 60 pilot whales died in a mass stranding near the northwestern tip of Scotland.
- In March-November 2011, hundreds of birds round Geleshan Forest Park in Chongqing, China, fell dead for six months. In October 2010, around 1,500 dead birds found on Ukraine’s Bolshoi Dzendzik Island. In November 2011, 7,000 fish found dead at Woolwash Lagoon, Australia.
Figure courtesy of “animal welfare movement”
The fact we must remember when looking at these die offs is the part of human involvement and the way in which we pollute and cause some of these events also consider disease. We all know how quickly viruses can spread and devastate populations of animals and people for that matter. This is a question of researching and hard science and not sign of “the end of days” maybe you think different?
The third and final bizarre event, Earth groans or heavenly trumpets as the more religious of us would have us believe.
These strange sounds have been heard around the world and many have proclaimed them to be the heavenly trumpets’ signaling the rapture and again “the end of days”
So let see what we are talking here.
This strange sound phenomenon is being reported more frequently from many diverse places around the globe, they are said to sometimes precede earthquakes.
We took a look at these events and compiled what information we could, we wanted to put ideas out there for discussion.
The HAARP Discussion. I’m inclined to believe this strange sound phenomenon is artificially induced by the scientists of HAARP, this facility uses many frequency generating and vibrational tools seeing what results they produce.
The CERN particle accelerator in Switzerland is another contender its capability to smash particles has given rise to rumors’ that it could literally implode the planet or open a portal to another dimension!
Next we have The Woodpecker Phenomenon, We know going back to the 70’s Russian electromagnetic pulse technology was causing a woodpecker type effect and that it was broadcast to the United States. There were concerns about the effect on the human brain, maybe what we hear is not there as a physical sound from the environment but is a sound projected into our brains?
The facts are at this point we don’t seem to know what’s causing this phenomenon for sure.
The earth could be going through deep tectonic shifts as the magma moves according to the changes in our magnetosphere, or from the gravitational effects of changes in our solar system and beyond, Mind Control or another possibility we have not yet considered maybe to blame?
There are many, many, many more theories people quote when referring to “the end of days” I could write and write and write trying to cover them all. Aliens, comets, colliding planets you name it is on the cards according to these guys.
But wait hold on stop the press breaking news,it’s not over, its not going to end?
Yes that right folks there will be a 2013, scientist are now reporting that they have found a calendar that continues from the infamous “end of days” Mayan calendar.
A team of archaeologists found a small room in Mayan ruins where royal scribes wrote on the walls — apparently like a blackboard — to keep track of astronomical records and details of the complex Mayan calendar. The writings date to about 1,200 years ago.
These are the oldest known astronomical tables from the Maya. They were found at the Xultun archaeological site in Guatemala’s Peten region. Scientists already knew the Mayans must have been keeping such records during that time period, but until now the oldest known examples dated from about 600 years later.
The room, about 2 meters (6-feet) square, contains walls decorated with images of a king and some other notable figures, as well as astronomical numbers and writings, the scientists said. The room had a stone roof rather than a thatched one, which may indicate the importance of the room.
Why did they write on walls, as opposed to other Mayan texts that have been found on bark paper?
The time period of the early 9th century was not a stable time for the Mayans, as there was political turmoil between the various city-states of the time, and the researchers said that perhaps the Xultun scribes wished to make a more permanent record of their data related to the calendar.
By some supposed “researchers,” Dec. 21, 2012 has been correlated to the end of the Mayan Long Count calendar, which was based on a cycle of 13 intervals known as baktuns, each lasting 144,000 days.
But the newly found writing on walls of the ancient room shows wide ranges of accumulated time, including a 17-baktun period. “There was a lot more to the Maya calendar than just 13 baktuns,” said Stuart, talking with reporters. Seventeen baktuns would stand for about 6,700 years, which is much longer than the 13-baktun cycle of 5,125 years. However, Stuart cautioned that the time notation shouldn’t be read as specifying a date that’s farther in the future than Dec. 21.
“It may just be that this is a mathematical number that’s kind of interesting,” he said. “We’re not sure what the base of the calendar is.”
William Saturno, an archaeologist at Boston University who led the team of archaeologists said many different scientists have been trying to get the word out that the end of the Maya culture’s 13-baktun Long Count calendar doesn’t signify the end of the world, but merely a turnover to the next cycle in a potentially infinite series — like going from Dec. 31 to Jan. 1 on a modern calendar.
“If someone is a hard-core believer that the world is going to end in 2012, no painting is going to convince them otherwise,” he said. “The only thing that can convince them otherwise is waiting until Dec. 22, 2012 — which fortunately for all of us isn’t that far away.”
So that was one close call we were just six months away from the end of it all no more birds singing, no more children playing, no laughing, no music and no more smiles but Now we can party like its 1999 (in the words of prince) and another date associated with the end of the world.
Hold fire, not so fast people the whole thing has not been canceled just delayed!
We Are Doomed! Says The Club Of Rome.
So here’s to 2052 another forty years of worry and plenty of time for more weirdness to strike in the name of the apocalypse.