a flicker of the spark of liberty, many people now joining a movement that the press dubbed the home of hippies and lay abouts.They can now see that is not true the 99% stand.
- At least 30 Occupy Wall Street protesters arrested after clashes with NYPD
- In anticipation of protests, NYPD stormed activists’ homes on Monday
- Tear gas launched in Oakland, California – 4 arrests made
- 12 arrested in Portland, Oregon and 10 in LA
- Black-clad protesters in Seattle used sticks to smash small downtown shop windows and ran through the streets disrupting traffic
- Comes after Occupy called for a general strike, urging workers and students across the U.S. to stay at home today in an act of defiance
PUBLISHED: 17:09 EST, 30 April 2012 | UPDATED: 19:13 EST, 1 May 2012
Thousands of Occupy Wall Street activists have clashed with police after swarming banks and businesses in New York as part of the movement’s massive May Day protests across the country.
In a deliberate attempt to bring large-scale European-style May 1 protests to…
View original post 2,407 more words